[OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:09:36 -0700 (PDT)
It is speculated by Medical "historians" that Charles Darwin may have
contracted it in Argentina
when traveling with the Beagle, and his ill health years later in Britain was a
result. The
disease is somewhat related to sleeping sickness in Africa. No effective
treatments after the
acute infection stage. There are a variety of hosts including the so called
"kissing bugs". In the
South Possums are sometimes blood carriers, I seem to remember.  Sleeping
sickness in Africa is
carried by a different host a  sort of Horse fly (on steroids). Control
programs there have been
pretty effective at controlling the flys using animal like decoys made from a
simple frame with a
cloth sheet on it painted with pesticide. Dead flys collect in piles underneath
and the frames get
painted every 6 months or so.

Tim Hughes