[OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:23:28 -0700
I have seen some articles that give the lie to this truism. he
substrate for the emulsion in old black and white films is
decomposing and there is a move to digitize large historical
collections not only to make them readily available to the public,
but to preserve them. One reason you are seeing so many digitized
image made available at places like the Library of Congress is that
they have already been "saved".

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA