[OM] Re: The Pentax K10D

Subject: [OM] Re: The Pentax K10D
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:22:29 -0400
There is a quote here
<http://www.flickr.com/groups/pentax/discuss/72157594238461402/>
*attributed* to Joe Virgil of Pentax Imaging that Pentax "has
discontinued all film products".  Sounds like a reasonable thing for
Pentax to do at this point except that I can't find any offical
statement to that effect directly from Pentax.  If it was ever in a
press release since 2003 they've removed said press release from their
US website.

Furthermore, if they've discontinued medium format film cameras it can
only be the production line.  Their web site is still offering them for
sale and you can still buy them at B&H.  The 645N is available there but
the 645N II is listed as being out of stock.
<http://www.pentaximaging.com/products/cameras/film/medium_format/>

Gotta watch these internet rumors.

Chuck Norcutt