[OM] The Pentax K10D

Subject: [OM] The Pentax K10D
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 06:21:23 -0400
I finally clicked on over to dpreview this morning to check the preview
on the K10D.  If your name is spelled O-l-y-m-p-u-s this camera should
have you shaking in your boots.  It is everything an E-1 owner could
have expected from the as yet non-existent E-3 and more... for $899...
which also includes the E-1's environmental seals.

Take a close look at the list of features on the introduction page here:
<http://www.dpreview.com/articles/pentaxk10d/>  I think the only E-3
wishlist features you'll find lacking here are a magnesium alloy
subframe, interchangeable screens and, of course, the MA-1 adapter for
your OM Zuiko glass.  On the other hand, it will take all your old
Tamron Adaptalls when fitted with KA adapters.

Notable is shake reduction via sensor shifting but with a new twist that
ads rotational motion to the x-y motions.  And (amazingly) the shake
reduction system is also used for dust reduction ala Oly with a sticky
tape to catch the dust.

There are also a whole host of other features and some new ones that
make perfect sense when rethinking the camera as a digital device.

I'm impressed.  If I wasn't already sitting on $3000 of Canyon gear I'd
be very tempted.

Chuck Norcutt