[OM] Re: megapixel capacity of the E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: megapixel capacity of the E-3
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:41:00 -0400
Noise reduction in post processing certainly affects the quality of the
image.  But if you have a big fat pixel that collects lots of photons
then you don't have much need for post processing the noise out.  And I
disagree that digital noise is like film grain.  Film grain can be
pleasant because it is totally randomly distributed in location and
size.  Digital noise has a disturbing regularity.

The real world does not contain either digital noise or film grain.  I
prefer the noiseless variety.

Chuck Norcutt