[OM] Re: megapixel capacity of the E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: megapixel capacity of the E-3
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:20:47 +0800
I'm not a fan of fuji DC, at least the one using in mid to lower end compact
DC, I bet the F30's low noise is mostly due to in-camera noise reduction
software, which make the image very un-natural starting from ISO400. I have
seen the same some years ago from my boss' F602, the low contrast details
was fuss but the high contrast details was sharp. I didn't understand why
until I got the F30.

Here below are some tests I have made and posted here before, check the
details of the fan at left you will know what I mean:

Here is the samples from ISO 100-3200, tripod, self-timer, F30 at highest
quality mode, E-1 at RAW converted with SILKYPIX and save as JPEG with
Photoshop (ISO100-400 with some sharpening):

(the F30 images are around 3MB each and the E-1 images are 1-2MB each)

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/F30-100.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/F30-200.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/F30-400.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/F30-800.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/F30-1600.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/F30-3200.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/E1-100.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/E1-200.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/E1-400.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/E1-800.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/E1-1600.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/E1-3200.jpg

Here is the last one, E1-ISO1600 processed with Neatimage.

http://www.accura.com.hk/F30VE1/E1-1600n.jpg

C.H.Ling