[OM] Re: Why not tales of OM?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not tales of OM?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:59:12 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> That is all right. Lots of us on this list love OM cameras and many
> people still use film. But OM cameras went away and the last 15 years
> or so there was no further development. This was basically a hardware
> list even to the name although general photography subjects were
> never objected to that I remember except for the occasional proVelvia-
> antiVelvia argument. It is only natural that as photography has moved
> to digital that list members would be interested in the interesting
> new hardware since the OM discussion over the years pretty well
> exhausted that subject.
And yet, it can still be an OM list - with other stuff too - as it has
been all the time I've been here. BUT, that depends on people posting OM
stuff. As Winsor says, many who have been here a long time have pretty
much said what they have to say about OMs many times over. So post your
OM stories and questions, Allan, and Darin and ??
> I am sure that if you have a question about your OM2 someone here will have
> an answer.

I just checked; Allan's question Friday about his OM-2 was answered in
31 minutes. That's pretty OM-responsive.

On the other hand, if limited to OM, this would be a pretty quiet list.
so what's the matter with E-thingy talk at the same time? In the past,
there was a lot of film/darkroom talk. Now there is sometimes talk about
the digital darkroom, both for scanning and processing film and for
digital camera images. Seems like the same thing to me.

Moose