[OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:45:20 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Call me a rebel, but I'd pick either the L1 or the E330 over the
> 5D for one major reason--the live view monitor.
The L1 has only the equivalent of the E-330 B-Mode, with mirror up and
shutter open. A much more limited option than the two modes of the E-330
> For
> archetechural work, the live view (especially with a grid-screen
> overlay) is where it's at. When your back is against the wall,
> you will appreciate being able to take the picture without
> having to look through the viewfinder. With the E330, you can
> flip it up and it's like using a waist-level focus-screen on a
> hassleblad.  One major problem with trying to review your images
> on a DSLR is getting to actually see the screen. If the camera
> is in a corner or against the wall you have to move it in order
> to see what you just took. When every slight movement skews the
> alignment this is an important factor. This is one photographic
> application where the lesser spec cameras have a huge, no wait,
> MAMMOTH advantage.

Here, Oly should really have gone for full swivel, not just up and down.
And of course, the L1 fixed LCD doesn't improve on the viewfinder for
these kinds of applications.

Moose