[OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:37:42 -0700
Basically if I can see the IR detector on the front of the camera, the
camera will see me. A reflection of a small IR transmitter with a couple
fingers could often be cloned out but that limits my flexibility. I've tried
bouncing a strong flash off of a white wall in a dark room to trigger an
optical slave with only partial success.  RF wireless is the way to go if it
has to work. I already own used transmitter/receivers which I normally use
for flashes but the cost of a new cable to use it for triggering the camera
was something I've been trying to avoid.

Thank you, -jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>

  > A wireless camera release should be
 > more useful than live view for my use.

   Wouldn't one of the IR remotes work here? Heck, I bought one from
'roxsen' on eBay (160001150857) for UKP0.05 (+UKP4 shipping), it works
just fine, and it was amazingly cheap. It's very probably a fake at that
price, but what the heck, it sends out the right signals. I guess the
tricky bit might still be keeping yourself out of the way given where
the sensor is on an E-1, but in bathrooms there's mirrors you could
bounce it off, maybe.

   -- dan