[OM] Re: Backpacks (was: Tripods/ Packs or cases)

Subject: [OM] Re: Backpacks (was: Tripods/ Packs or cases)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:20:52 -0400
I think your view of a backpack bag will be colored by whether you want
to consider it a tranport bag or a shooting bag.  If you're out trekking
the wilderness I guess it has to be both.  But my recent purchase of the
Canon bag was as a convenient transport to and from places where I can
establish a base indoors and just visit the bag as needed.  Things like
weddings and bar mitzvah parties come to mind.  Even an architectural
shoot would be good.  Carry all the gear, drop it on a convenient table
(or tailgate) and feed out of it as needed.

I'll definitely use something smaller and less cumbersome when on a
brief walk through a local park.

Chuck Norcutt