[OM] MEC bumbag

Subject: [OM] MEC bumbag
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:43:16 -0700 (PDT)
I got a great bag from Mountain equipment co-op that will hold my e500 and an
extra lenses, cellphone, and keys and 2 waterbottles.. had it for 3 years now..
I cant function in the summer without it... had it in afghanistan a couple
years ago....

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442096803&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302700103&bmUID=1152614587026

I like it a lot, waterproof zippers too.. its not well padded for the camera,
but nothing a crown royal bag wont fix ;)

I've been considering the lowe pro slingshot for the egypt trip, I like the
design, but wonder if I would actually use it that much..after I got back..

Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Moose wrote:
> The Tamrac Sling bags in theri Velocity seires have a sort of
> in-between design. I have not yet tried on on, but they look
intriguing

Yes, they do look very interesting. I might go see if I can hunt
down the Velocity Series 9 to try out. That could be exactly what
I'm looking for (he says, surreptitiously shifting the other bags
under the bed with his foot), without me realising it.

There's a big-arsed Lowepro bumbag-come-backpack (I think) -
can't remember the name, but I think it's in their Street and
Field range. I like bumbags, and they swivel back to front easily
too. While unfortunately and redundantly I inherited my mother's
child-bearing hips, the redundancy may have been undermined by
giving bumbags something comfortable to rest on :-)

Thanks, Moose.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz