[OM] Re: Nature Photographer Mag?

Subject: [OM] Re: Nature Photographer Mag?
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 19:20:33 -0700
>> This is my suspicion as well, but considering that the magazine in
>> question
>> charges you in excess of four times the standard subscription rate, for
>> the
>> right to submit images/articles,
> Hold on!!!!!!!
>
> Do I understand this correctly? They CHARGE you for a submission?
>
> What's wrong with this picture?
>
> Understand that "over the transom" submissions go into the giant pile and
> are reviewed in something like the order received, while stuff from known
> authors/photographers gets quicker attention, you should get some
> response.
> Often, the submission will be returned with advice for improvement, but
> that's not bad.
>
> These things work in something like government time.
>
> Bill Pearce

Well, yes, in a way.

If you're not familiar with this magazine, here's a link
http://www.naturephotographermag.com/index.htm

The way it works is, they have different subscription levels. Levels one and
two are your basic type magazine subscriptions.
Level three is a "Field Contributor Membership". This magazine is made up
entirely of photos and articles submitted by the field contributers.

Darin