[OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:15:47 -0500
Thanks for all replies to my question. After researching for a while,
think I would buy a standard tripod like bogen 3001 or 3021 on the
bay. For the head, I still have no idea, good ballhead seems to be
really expensive, while tilt and pan is affordable, but doesn't look
as comfortable as the ball one. If I could find a head that you guys
have recommended on the bay with the right price, I would jump at it.

-kem

On 7/5/06, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I said I had the 486RC2 but realized with Dan's note that it's actually
> the 308RC.  They look the same to me.  Anyhow, *maybe* the 486RC2 is a
> modified 308RC with an engineering change to address the small bit of
> slop in the ball when tightening down.  I don't want to tar the wrong
> product.  In any case it's not likely to perform like the $400-500 ball
> heads everyone likes.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> Dan Mitchell wrote:
> >
> >   Heads are harder to recommend -- I have the Manfrotto/Bogen 308RC head
> > (closest current equivalent looks like the 486RC2), which works okay,
> > but has a very annoying tendency to slop a tiny bit vertically when I
> > tighten it up -- not sure if it's the ball, the QR plate-camera
> > interface, or what, but I wish it didn't do it. Then again, that's only
> > really been a problem with macro shooting where small motions make a big
> > deal.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

when you were born, a problem was solved