[OM] Re: heads-up on 190000651307

Subject: [OM] Re: heads-up on 190000651307
From: "Mostly" <mostly5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:28:25 -0500
TOO funny!

Having won the eBay auction for the 100/2.0, got this message from the
seller today:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------H
i there,
I think I made a mistake with the lens. I saw 2.8 which made me think that
it was an f/2.8 lens but in reality, I think it is a 2.0. I am really not a
camera expert but I thought I should tell you before you send the money
order. If you have any insight, I would appreciate it. My apologies, just
let me know if you are no longer interested in the lens.
Thank you, Carrie

I wrote her back, of course, telling her that I was quite upset with this
news, but her sincere apology helped with my wounded feelings.  I cancelled
my bid with her kind offer, and we agreed to leave positive feedback for
each other anyway.

All in all, a VERY near disaster.  I'm just glad she accepted responsibility
for her mistake and was willing to let me out of the deal.

Dave