[OM] Re: Avoiding Red EYE w/ T-32

Subject: [OM] Re: Avoiding Red EYE w/ T-32
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 06:34:55 -0400
Have you actually tried the shoe cord in the E-500 hot shoe?  I was
reviewing a bunch of old notes from John Lind on Sunpak flash.  In one
he comments that the OT-1D (Olympus dedicated module for Sunpak 422D and
others) is like the T-32 in that a non-conductive pin is used to lift
the TTL and flash ready signal pins when the module is inserted into a
non-OM hot shoe.

He contrasts this behavior with the TTL shoe cord which does not have
this "lift the pins" arrangement.  Consequently, the pins remain down
and are potentially shorted.  In addition, when he inserted the shoe
cord into the hot shoe of his Mamiya M645 the protruding pins caused the
shoe cord to get jammed in the shoe.  He had to disassemble the hot shoe
to get the shoe cord back out.

Chuck Norcutt