[OM] Re: OT - energy efficient cars

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - energy efficient cars
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 02:12:31 -0700
There must be diesels and diesels. I have read a couple of comparison
tests between high fuel efficiency gasoline models, VW TDs and
hybrids. The VW diesels seem to be the worst of the lot, slower than
the other two options and worse fuel efficiency. In this country with
diesel fuel out pricing gasoline and a Toyota Echo getting more miles
per gallon(only in the high thirties) there seems to be no argument
for diesel cars at all even assuming I could buy one in California
where the diesel is not clean enough to be sold.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA