[OM] Re: OT - energy efficient cars

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - energy efficient cars
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:24:41 +0100
Thanks for that, Rob. One thing he missed out about hybrids:
apparently it takes quite a bit of energy to make the batteries,
which can offset the environmental savings on emissions somewhat.
But his main point, that it's a start on eroding the pointless use of
g-g cars, is valid for me.

By the way, I see that one of the D*dge exports to Europe is quite
frugal on petrol and has a diesel option.  Like many NA cars it is
aesthetically challenged (in my view ;-)) and I wouldn't buy one, but
I applaud the underlying striving for economy.  It's called the
Cal*bre or something.

Chris

Chris
~~ >-)-