[OM] Re: OT - energy efficient cars

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - energy efficient cars
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:18:51 -0500
Chris Barker wrote:

> By the way, I see that one of the D*dge exports to Europe is quite
> frugal on petrol and has a diesel option.  Like many NA cars it is
> aesthetically challenged (in my view ;-)) and I wouldn't buy one, but
> I applaud the underlying striving for economy.  It's called the
> Cal*bre or something.

It's the replacement for the Neon (which won't be missed much). That
diesel option, though, does not come from the U.S. We can't order it
-- owing partially to the lingering poor perception the American
public has of crude old diesel designs and partially to some of the
lowest-quality diesel fuel on the planet. I think Daimler-Chrysler
would sell a bundle of Cal*bers if they got 50+ miles per (U.S.)
gallon on a modern diesel engine.

Steve