[OM] Re: OT computer advice needed

Subject: [OM] Re: OT computer advice needed
From: RMcFet <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 23:09:45 -0400
Mac Mini costs less and is an extraordinary little unit. I bought one
for my daughter and I almost like it better than my G4. The newest
version with the intel chip works with Windows platform just fine if
you really want it.
Also there are 2 or 3 different versions of Linux that work well on
Macs. I like YellowDog and Ubuntu
Also on Linux there is a very good program that emulates Photo Shop but
its price emulates the Linux world FREE!!! For me its the main reason I
fuss with Linux although plain curiosity has a bit to do with it as
well. All you need to do is partition your hard drive and reload the 2
systems per instructions and you can have Mac and Linux on any G3-G5
machine. Ubuntu is a free download and Yellow Dog used to be but I
think there is a charge now unless you can find v3.x or v4.x
I can function well in several systems but I can't find a personal
reason to change from Mac. Its just a matter of taste.