[OM] OT computer advice needed

Subject: [OM] OT computer advice needed
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:40:34 -0300
Hi all,

OK, it's not a Dell and I know nothing outside the Apple world. But a friend
of mine is selling what's listed below (no monitor, speakers, keyboard,
mouse) with 1 1/2 years of careful use. Thought I might learn some Linux and
use Windows for the first time in my life. Might allow me to buy my own
scanner too.
And in the meanwhile, wait until a MacBook Pro is launched without that
dreaded 'whinning noise'.

TIA,

Fernando.

Motherboard:     MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
Processor:        AMD Athlon 64 3000 + Socket 939
Video:               MSI FX 5500 T128
Memory:           1 GB. Kingston
HD:                   2 HD 120 GB each @7200, RAID - Seagate SATA
Optical Drives:  one DVD 16X burner (dual layer?)
                        another DVD reader / CD-R
Connectivity:    3 Firewire
                        6 USB 2
                        Paralell
                        Video (still don't know if Composite, S-VHS or what)
                        2 Audio in & Audio out
Cabinet:           Topower
Power Supply:  400 watts. "Reales con corrector de factor de potencia"(?).
Floppy disk drive.
Ethernet Gigabit -10/100/1000

Precio    U$S 850.-