[OM] Re: OT computer advice needed

Subject: [OM] Re: OT computer advice needed
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 07:52:42 -0700
I have a comment on the video card, basically all video cards should produce
the same 2D visual quality. The softness or "hazy and fuzzy" is due to the
FCC filters, I had all the filters removed for the video cards (or video
sectoin of the mother board) on my three home computers, they are much
sharper especially on CRT. Ok, I do not need the works anymore for next
video card upgrade as we are using LCD monitors, we can use DVI output.
Peoples told me DVI is much better than RGB but they cannot explain me the
difference they see, I have used both, DVI is only slightly better (sharper)
with my "modified" display card.

It is not that difficult to do the modification if you have some experience
in soldering works, find the RGB signal pins and trace for the whole path to
the output of the IC, remove all chip capacitors and short all chip
inductors, there are up to 3-3-3-3 total 6 inductors and 6 caps. Do not
remove or short the resistors, they are for impedance matching.

C.H.Ling