[OM] Re: little house in the mountains

Subject: [OM] Re: little house in the mountains
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:54:43 -0300

> Wayne Culberson wrote:
>> After each one of these trips, I always say I'll never
>> complain about my lot in life again.
>
> I chatted with our missionary to Bolivia just tonight. My wife's
> display was right next to his.  He knows of your hosting
> missionary and of the radio ministry you are involved with. He
> spoke very highly of it and mentioned that you guys go places
> where no Euro-American has ever gone.
>
> AG

That's interesting, as the saying goes; It's a small world really.

We actually work with different host missionaries. On this last trip we
worked out of Sucre for a few days, then flew up to Cochabamba and worked
with another one for the second week. On the second part of the trip, we
went places even the host missionary had not been before.
Bolivians are almost always involved as well in getting us in to the remote
places. Usually at least 2 or 3 nationals travel with us. They are really
valuable for translation. It's interesting though, that sometimes even the
nationals that travel with us have never been to these remote places until
they go with us.
We are really trying to target the remote villages where others don't go,
but it's starting to look like there is an endless supply of them.
Wayne