[OM] Re: Memory

Subject: [OM] Re: Memory
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:01:51 -0500
Priority manipulation via extending time slices can improve system
throughput if there is limited real memory and two or more processes are
involved in heavy virtual memory mangement swapping.  Allowing one or
more process to run longer will reduce the swapping and improve total
throughput.  Apart from that you might make things worse, especially if
the system software is already trying to compensate.

It's been a long time but I used to do this stuff: patent 5,386,561:
<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=5,386,561.WKU.&OS=PN/5,386,561&RS=PN/5,386,561>

Chuck Norcutt