[OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.

Subject: [OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:32:47 -0500
You're right.  The last hurdle was 128GB based on ATA controller limits.
  But breaking that limit and 48 bit LBA only goes back to 2001.  My
motherboard could possibly be that old.  As far as I know my 160GB
drives format to the limit but I've never actually put more than 128GB
on one of them yet.

Here's the story on all the various drive addressing limits.
<http://www.dewassoc.com/kbase/hard_drives/hard_drive_size_barriers.htm>
At the time this treatise was written, even 64-bit XP was still limiting
itself to 32 bits of the LBA.

Chuck Norcutt