[OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.

Subject: [OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 02:44:42 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> That sounds better.  How about swapping USB drives in and out of the
> configuration?  I have multiple drives used for backup and usually
> they're not even plugged into a port let alone powered on.

I can't imagine that counts. I plug in portable storage devices and
unplug them all the time.

I just did the math again and came around to your point of view. A 500GB
multi interface external drive started the trip my way today. I hate to
spend the $ that could go toward the next camera, printer or scanner,
but I don't see how else to back up my already too big and still growing
digital image files. At least HD prices have kept going down. Maybe I
need to stop scanning the old film?

Moose