[OM] Re: NOW: crosspoint drivers, was Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owne

Subject: [OM] Re: NOW: crosspoint drivers, was Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:01:01 +1100
At 10:02 PM 13/03/2006 -0300, you wrote:
>on 12/03/2006 13:24, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile at fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>wrote:
>
> > O.K., tomorrow I'll investigate the Stanley kit again - hope they now come
> > with a large grip size and clearly marked as crosspoint.
>
>No way _ the Stanley kit has a #0 and a #1 nice Philips screwdrivers among
>others.
>
>Could some kind soul here at this list sell me the appropriate crosspoint? -
>
>Turned Montevideo upside-down today but crosspoint drivers are not known, as
>are Robertson drivers.
>
>Can pay Paypal or the way you'd like most.
>
>Offlist, please.
>
>Shipping address below.
>
>TIA,
>
>Fernando Gonzalez Gentile

Hi Fernando,

I went through the Philips vs crosspoint issue a few months back when I had
to dismantle a 14mm Oly extension tube, list members pointed out to me (pun
intended) that the three screws for the mount were crosspoint, not Philips.

Like you, I searched around town and Australian internet stores for
crosspoint screwdrivers and nobody knew what I was talking about, I finally
resigned myself to buying them from the USA.  I haven't done that yet, am
still saving the $$$ to place a big tool order to make it all worthwhile...

As Chuck suggested, the tool vendor of choice seems to be Micro-Tools at
http://www.micro-tools.com/

Another tool source is Wiha Tools
http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indx_screwdrivers.htm
but a quick look at their site does not show any crosspoint's (which I find
a bit strange).

Other sources of help include:

Mark Dapoz has a tool page:
http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/Tools.html

Favorite Classics (which includes The Classic Camera Repair Forum):
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/

ED ROMNEY'S CAMERA REPAIR TOOLS:
http://www.edromney.com/toolp_e.html

CAMERA REPAIR RESOURCE GUIDE: