[OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:43:15 -0500
When screws are too tight, you can heat then with the tip of a soldering
iron, or dribble a little alcohol, acetone, liquid wrench on tehm and
let it soak in.  THEN try TIGHTENING each one slightly, and then try to
loosen.  If screwdriver tip slips out of head, tip is not the correct
size, is worn down or your not pressing hard enough.
___________________________________
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net

Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> on 9/03/2006 16:12, PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service at olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx,
> wrote:
>

>>Oh, sounds like the set screws may be loose -- lift the grip and turn each
>>of them in (there's three).  If you turn just one, you risk shifting the
>>distance ring to once side and it may rub the barrel.  Then check focus --
>>if off, loosen, reposition and try again.
>

> Clint, you're scaring me !! :^)
>
> I don't dare to take the mount off because PUK2 x3 SG are too tight for me,
> (how do you manage tight screws? - guess I'd need a huge screwdriver with a
> very small point) but otherwise it works perfectly: focuses perfectly at
> short distances and at infinity, and it's razor sharp. I even like its thin
> red flare.
>
> Wish I were planning to visit you, so as to put all those screws as they
> should be, but must solve other questions hereby first :)
>
> Fernando.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

-- Type: text/x-vcard