[OM] camera choices

Subject: [OM] camera choices
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:03:39 -0600
I suspect that Tom Scales and C. H.. Ling are best suited to answer this
question.

As  the discussions of the two main players in the digital world vs. Olympus
go on, there is one thing that I haven't heard about directly.

As a link to the Canon website posted on this list some months ago
indicated, there is substanital processing taking place on the Canon imaging
chips, where in others, most all processing is done at a later stage. What
this all seems to mean is that comparing, for example, Nikon to Canon, the
Nikon raw file is substantially less processed than the Canon. I know there
are Nikon users that select this camera precisely because they see Canon
images as overprocessed (the "plastic skin" look).

I think the two of you both have experiences with good examples of both
systems, so could you comment?

Bill Pearce