[OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:32:16 -0600
We use Niwa drivers, usually with a 2.0mm + bit.  You can get handles with a
cross bar, but I've seldom used them myself.  My trick for the tough screws
is to put a square of inner tube rubber or chamois across the top of the
driver, stand up and put the palm of my hand on top of the driver and press
down with all my considerable weight before trying to turn it (the padding
helps avoid the tell-tale circular bruising on your palm, but sometimes I
forget -- can anyone say "stigmata"?).  If it doesn't turn right away, stop
and put a few drops of acetone/MEK/whatever on top of the screw and let it
soak for a while, then try again.  Then, try heating the head of the screw
with a soldering iron for a while.  After that, the screw is usually so
messed up and I'm so frustrated that I just take out the Dremel with a
cutting wheel and start grinding -- oops, did I say that out loud?