[OM] Re: Olympus losing or gaining credibility?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus losing or gaining credibility?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:06:22 -0600
I would say that, in the original poster's defense, that the lack of an E1
replacement (not to mention its late introduction) damages Oly's credibility
as a pro camera supplier.

That is to say that they didn't blow that back when they didn't stay on the
autofocus train.

I will say that the Panasonic camera and lens is VERY interesting to me.
Although I can't imaging using the live view part at all, the ergonomics
look promising. And the IS lens, whatever the manufacturer, helps clinch the
potential deal.

I'm dissapointed in Oly. It looked like they had a possibility of getting
back in the game with the E1, but dropped the ball. Just when things seem to
have stabilized in the horsepower race, they are again out in the cold.

Bill Pearce