[OM] Re: E-1 ISO 800 Acceptability

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 ISO 800 Acceptability
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:26:13 -0800
Same here, I went from C*non to E-1 without a bit regret. It took me quite
some time to decide to leave the C*non system, I was really uable to deal
with its color reproduction (especially for people) even I shoot RAW
exclusive and convert with C1, it was just too difficult to bring the color
to my taste. To me noise is not a major factor, I used to shoot Velvia 50
and Provia F, I can handle them very well, not to mention the E-1 can do
perfectly well up to ISO400 (and gives acceptable results at ISO800 when I
really need it).

Actually, I have did a lots of company party shots (both indoor and outdoor)
recently with the E-300 for its higher resolution (that is necessary for
group photos) and I only shoot at ISO100. Technique is the most important
thing for getting a good shot technically. To me the major problem for
E-system is the focusing scale on the lenses are too short to read (from 1m
jump to infinity) and they are not accurate, this create great difficulty
for preset focus. The viewfinder is also too small for manual focus. But
these problem also happen on C*non 10D, the 17-40 and 28-135 IS I have used.

C.H.Ling