[OM] Re: Cameta has me weakening

Subject: [OM] Re: Cameta has me weakening
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 10:55:20 +1100
This is a classic - I've spent the last couple of weeks playing with
a Nikon D200 with their new 'one-size-fits-all' 18-200mm f3.5 VR
(vibration reduction) lens. The VR works well - they claim 4 stops -
but it is amazing how many shots you lose to subject movement! After
a while you give up, bump the ISO up and go back to higher speeds. It
was useful for portraits where the subject was posing - little else.
If only people would just stop vibrating or shaking for a minute, I
wouldn't need my destabilisation medication...
AndrewF