[OM] Re: Cameta has me weakening

Subject: [OM] Re: Cameta has me weakening
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 07:50:36 -0600
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> BTW, I think that "factory demos" is a marketing term here to justify
> much reduced prices without an official price reduction.  After all, how
> many factory demos can there be?

I wondered about that, too, given that this is now the third (or more!)
outfit being sold that way. Cameta is not far from the Long Island
parts/service depot; maybe they're a/the clearinghouse. But AFAIK
they're not discontinuing those lenses, so, supposedly, _someone_ needs
them to demonstrate with. It is, as the King of Siam said, a puzzlement.

Steve