[OM] Re: OT .22s WAS snapshot-type shooting picture

Subject: [OM] Re: OT .22s WAS snapshot-type shooting picture
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:59:42 -0600
Rob Harrison wrote:

> Wow. This is my first ever on any list gun post! Dang!
>
> Being a rabid eco-freak liberal, I don't get much of a chance....;-)

Welcome to the fold.

I have a Ruger 10/22 with the fancy checkered ranch stock and a spiffy
Leupold scope.

Also have my first gun, a Ruger Single-Six with the optional .22Mag
cylinder.

Add to that a .50cal CVA black powder Derringer that I built, and my
pride and joy, a 7-shot HK P7, with the mag release on the heel of the
grip where Mr. Heckler intended it to be. Used to carry that one back
when I worked in a less-than-pristine neighborhood and had to carry
deposits to the bank at midnight.  Nice, thin piece, no levers and stuff
sticking out the sides.  Fit really comfortably in a shoulder rig.

Had the first three all through college (our RA had a rule - "As long as
you don't get me arrested, I don't want to know what you guys do").
Bought the P7 right after college - and, for once in my life, bought it
BEFORE the price doubled.

At one point, I also had a Ruger Mark II with a 6" target barrel, and a
.357 Blackhawk.  Really miss those, but was single and broke when I sold
'em.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon