[OM] Re: OT .22s WAS snapshot-type shooting picture

Subject: [OM] Re: OT .22s WAS snapshot-type shooting picture
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:14:43 -0800
I inherited a .22 single shot target rifle that was my dad's. He used it in
Rifle Club at Shaw High School in Cleveland in the '30's, but I'm not sure
it's been fired in about 40 years. I'm a bit nervous about shooting it now.
A friend of mine who has and knows guns had a look, and he thinks it's
probably ok. Hate to have it blow up though.... I had him put it in his gun
safe. We may have shot that .22 a few times when I was a kid, but I pretty
quickly adopted a pump-action pellet/BB gun when I was about twelve. Still
have that too. I'm thinking I'll try some shooting with my son in about ten
years, when he's twelve.

Wow. This is my first ever on any list gun post! Dang!

Being a rabid eco-freak liberal, I don't get much of a chance....;-)

Rob in Seattle