[OM] Re: Another Christmas present that wasn't quite so free

Subject: [OM] Re: Another Christmas present that wasn't quite so free
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:02:58 -0500

AG Schnozz wrote:
>>I find that for my tastes, after a while, Kelby's attempts at
>>humor get in the way of getting on with the business at
>>hand.  For working on photos I recommend Katrin
>>Eismann's "PhotoShop Restoration & Retouching".
>

> I've dug through various books at the big brick bookstore as
> well as the local camera shops.  I find most of these "how to"
> and "inner workings" books on computer photo editing to be a
> waste of my time.  There is usually a couple hints and tips that
> I find useful, but most of the time these are self-glorifying
> image-portfolios with some text thrown in.  Or they are written
> by geeks that just rewrite the existing manual in an even more
> incomprehensible manner.

If you've been using PhotoShop since 1.0 there may not be many more
tricks to teach you but Eismann's book is anything but what you describe
as typical of the big brick bookstores.  That's why I recommended it.
It's actually very well written, straight to the point and doesn't waste
time on the text tool or wacky warping with funky colors.

It may not be able to teach you anything at all but stands a better
chance than just about anything else on the shelf.

Chuck Norcutt