[OM] Christmas all over again, E-1 discovery

Subject: [OM] Christmas all over again, E-1 discovery
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 20:34:17 -0800 (PST)
Yesterday I had a couple of hours of waiting around but I had my
E-1 with me so I decided to go exploring the menus and try to
find something I've never used yet.

There is a feature in the E-1 that allows you do "develop" a RAW
image incamera and save it as a TIFF or JPEG (in whatver size
and compression).

This is a one-at-a-time select and process function, but uses
all of the image settings that are currently set in the camera.
For example:

I shoot a RAW image with CS2 color, -1 contrast, WB of 6000K. I
can create an in-camera JPEG or TIFF with different saturation,
contrast, sharpening and WB settings. Not only that, but you can
turn on the noise-reduction and shading compensation if you
want.  All this has no affect on the original RAW file.

Why this is important to me is that I generally shoot RAW+JPEG
for quick turnaround of some types of images. I also have the
need to quickly whack out a 640x480 for email or web. With this
function I can select just those images I want to create a quick
image of.

Anyway, 9000 images down the road and I learn something new
about the camera.  For me, this is a very big feature.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com