[OM] Re: Another Christmas present that wasn't quite so free

Subject: [OM] Re: Another Christmas present that wasn't quite so free
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:24:43 -0800
James N. McBride wrote:

>I will be interested in your experience with the tablet. Which WACOM unit
>did you buy? I'm going to get a tablet interface but have not decided which
>one.

I bought a Wacom Graphire 6x8 a few months ago. A vast improvement on
the ancient CalComp I had. I didn't like the extra cost over a 4x5, but
I thnk I did the right thing.

Seems like Wacom in about the only player in small tablets. And that's
ok with me, except maybe for price. The tablet itself works very well, I
guess one could say flawlessly, in that I can't think of anything it's
supposed to do that it doesn't.

I still use a regular mouse, but mostly because of the different
preferred location of moune and tablet. The tablet sits right in front
of me and the mouse to its right. Using the mouse at the tablet location
feel off to me. The Wacom mouse works fine, although the physical
movement to screen movement is in some subtle way different that the
regular mouse. I'm pretty sure that slightly odd feeling would go away
if I used it all the time.

I guess I'd been out of touch. I was surprised that the mouse and pen
are both cordless, expected, and batteryless, unexpected and quite
wonderful. My old tablet had a pen that used  batteries.

Moose