[OM] Re: washed out LCD's, was: Re: E-500 review and other questions

Subject: [OM] Re: washed out LCD's, was: Re: E-500 review and other questions
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:29:12 -0600
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> They need a fold out hood like the old waist level cameras.  Actually, I
> think I've seem something similar that velcros onto the body but I can't
> say where I've seen it.

  These are really easy to make -- the page that I saw instructions on
is dead right now, but here's the google cache:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:2QaMRgnQTCcJ:www.nikonians.org/html/resources/guides/Nikon990sunshade.pdf+lcd+hood+binder+score&hl=en&client=firefox-a

  It's missing the diagrams, but they're very simple -- 4x1 rectangle of
black plastic with four tabs on the long sides, and one on the end;
score it so it folds into a rectangle (so it's not exactly 4x1, it's
width-of-LCDx2+height-of-LCDx2 by depth-of-hood), glue the tab so it's
closed on itself, put velcro on the tabs on the long sides, put velcro
on the camera back, voila. Works as well as the ones you'd pay for,
costs about 50c, and it'll fold flat to tuck into a camera bag.

  -- dan