[OM] Re: om4ti problem?

Subject: [OM] Re: om4ti problem?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:49:46 +0100
Assuming that the exposures were all at speeds > 1/60 sec, James, I can only
suggest that, logically, you must have an uneven timing problem with the
first shutter curtain, which is being "caught up" by the second curtain for
an instant, causing the exposure slit to close, before resuming its
trajectory (on the XP2, vice versa on the Provia).  That would explain why
exposures at speeds < 1/60 sec were OK - the second curtain doesn't start
until the first has already reached destination.

Whether that is mechanically possible (let alone likely) is, I regret, an
entirely different question - and beyond me.  But I doubt that it will be
difficult to put right.

--
Piers