[OM] Re: om4ti problem?

Subject: [OM] Re: om4ti problem?
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:55:13 +0100 (BST)
> WHAT'S THIS?  OM CONTENT?
>
>> On one shot using ilford xp2 @ 100 asa there is a thin *white*
>> line about 2.3rds of the way along the negative...
>> On a few of the provia 100F shoots there is a simular thin...
>
> If the line is white on a negative as well as a transparency, it
> sounds to me like a scratch in the emulsion.  I'd look carefully
> at the entire film path to make sure there isn't a burr or
> imbedded grain of sand.  I had this happen to me years ago.

I thought about this but I can see no evidence for a scratch because the
mark runs the wrong way for somthing on the roller or on the film canister
light seal. which would make a scratch horizontally across the film and my
mark is vertical
Grrr the problem is not happening enough to put the camera out of use but
it has runined one shoot thats was otherwise very good,

Thanks for the input
James