[OM] Re: om4ti problem?

Subject: [OM] Re: om4ti problem?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:46:34 -0400
jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>A vertical mark?  Since the film doesn't move that way, not likely it's a
>>scratch.
>>

> This was my feeling, All the oftending marks are at 90 degrees to the film
> movement and roughtly in the same area ( I need to check though - can't
> rely on my memory).
> damn, still forgot to post the scan. maybe tomorrow,
> JAmes

I'm more suspicious than before that these are scratches caused by
carelessness when cutting the film.  If the cutting operation is done by
hand the mechanism may require (as do some I've seen) slipping the film
along its vertical direction into the cutting mechanism which, of
course, has sharp edges.

Chuck Norcutt