[OM] Re: Telecentricity

Subject: [OM] Re: Telecentricity
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:40:47 -0700
It is possible. One of the first things Nikon did after bringing out
the D1 was to start redesigning its wide angle lenses. The first one
was the 17-35 which is considered to be one of their all time great
lenses. It is a lens for digital with 35 mm coverage, telecentric
with no color fringing, CA or dark corners. Nikon has the smallest
mount. I am afraid that mount size, in spite of what Olympus said in
the marketing of their new camera, has nothing to do with it, or at
least no other maker's mount had insufficient size to have a
telecentric design.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA