[OM] Re: Graphics viewers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Graphics viewers?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:34:23 -0700
R. Jackson wrote:

>On Aug 13, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Moose wrote:
>

>>Interesting question. I was just about to post about an extention
>>to XP
>>SP2. MS calls it a "PowerToy"
>><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/
>>prophoto/raw.mspx>.
>>

>That's pretty interesting. Picasa actually seems to be *really* fast
>and stable on my system (thanks Tom), but I may try this just for the
>hell of it.

It seems to me there are three related, but separate functions being
discussed here.

1. File browsing with thumbnails of graphics files.
2. File viewing at full screen or larger.
3. File indexing.

Picasa says on  their site that they about are several of these things,
including indexing. Johan suggests Extensis Portfolio, which I believe
is a hig powered inexing app?

Although I'm interested in indexing on the desktop, my primary current
interest is something that nicely does nos.1 and 2 on a portable. The
files won't live there long, just 'til I get home.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got to take a look at them. Or maybe MS
will come through with a solution to loading their otherwise perfect
tool on my notebook. (Stop that! No rolling around on the floor laughing!)

Moose