[OM] Re: Graphics viewers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Graphics viewers?
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:11:21 -0700
Yeah, the dual 1 GHz machine has 1 Gb of memory and the combination
of the dual processors and the extra memory really seems to give it
an advantage over the Powerbook. Both machines are of the older 133
MHz memory variety. I hadn't used a PC in years when I grabbed this
little Athlon machine for some video-specific uses. It's *really*
fast. It's got a 2 GHz Athlon and 1 Gb of memory, so it's no high-end
speedster, but it really smokes. I figured it would be a nice machine
to use for photo storage and manipulation since it isn't going to
leave the house. Of course, I'm software-poor when it comes to PCs,
so I'm kind of starting from scratch.

Who knows what's happening with Macs now. I'd been kind of waiting to
grab a G5 machine at some point, but they've had all kinds of
Firewire bus problems that apparently aren't ever going to get
straightened out and now they're on the Intel track and the Intel
version of OSX has already been hacked and put on a dual-boot Windows/
OS-X laptop. It's a strange time to own a computer. ;-)