[OM] Miroslav Tichý (was Pinhole conversion)

Subject: [OM] Miroslav Tichý (was Pinhole conversion)
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:01:02 +1000
At 04:04 PM 8/08/2005 +0200, Iwert wrote:

>check out the images by Miroslav Tichý:
>
>http://www.kunsthaus.ch/ausstellungen/2005/tichy/en/index.htm
>
>all done by self made cameras and self made enlargers.

Most of these photographs are out of focus, the framing is bizarre, the
prints have stains and lack contrast.  They look just like my first roll of
film taken with a Diana when I was six years old and my beginners efforts
at printing when I was twelve.

Yet I see them exhibited in a museum.  And a book and a film are mentioned.

I am sincerely trying to understand what is going on here but instead I am
very confused.  Can someone explain what I am missing?

Andrew McPhee