[OM] Re: Miroslav Tichư (was Pinhole conversion)

Subject: [OM] Re: Miroslav Tichư (was Pinhole conversion)
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:17:12 +1000
>Andrew McPhee wrote:
> > They look just like my first roll of
> > film taken with a Diana when I was six years old and my beginners efforts
> > at printing when I was twelve.
>
>Rob in Seattle wrote:
>You shoulda saved 'em! ;-)

I did, I have the Diana negs stashed away somewhere.  That's how I knew to
draw the comparison! ;-)

OTOH the shoebox containing the negs of my early teen years when the photo
bug bit has disappeared much to my distress.  It got left behind when I
moved out of home.  Then a couple of years later when I went looking it was
nowhere to be found, Mum never threw anything away so it was mysterious how
it happened.  I feel like a part of my life has been excised.

>Here is a link to a few of Barbara Ess's photos:
><http://www.curtmarcus.com/artists/artists_detail.asp?artistID=10#>
>
>Barbara played in a band called YPants we used to share gigs with in NYC in
>the early 80's. I recently came across a book of her pinhole photos at
>Elliot Bay Books--hadn't heard or seen her since about 1985. I think she
>does beautiful stuff. The book of course is much nicer than the jpegs.

Interesting photos but not really my cup of tea.  I think #4 is the pick of
the bunch.

Andrew McPhee