[OM] Re: Miroslav Tichý (was Pinhole co nversion)

Subject: [OM] Re: Miroslav Tichý (was Pinhole co nversion)
From: Peter Leyssens <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:54:34 +0200

Hi,

> Most of these photographs are out of focus, the framing is bizarre, the
> prints have stains and lack contrast.  They look just like my first roll of
> film taken with a Diana when I was six years old and my beginners efforts
> at printing when I was twelve.

Of course, I only shouted "pure genius" because I wanted to get in touch
with Iwert, but that's an entirely different matter.

While I don't like the pictures too much (the bus is nice and maybe one
or two of the ladies' poses are charming), I like the concept of
building everything from scratch.  The camera looks like crap, but it
does seem to work.  And then there's the cheesy frames that make for a
perfect addition.  Very much tongue in cheek.

Peter.