[OM] Re: Pinhole conversion

Subject: [OM] Re: Pinhole conversion
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:03:57 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/2005 10:25:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
adacey@xxxxxxxxx writes:

thought  of drilling it but don't know if I'd
have a small enough bit and has the  drawback of having a fairly thick
piece of plastic so I'd need a wider  opening to avoid vignetting I
imagine. The other thought would be to cut  out a larger hole and then
attach a copper shim (which I do have). The  added bonus I see here is
that I could use extension tubes and a different  shim to get different
focal lengths.

Any thoughts or  recommendations?

I am of the keep it simple school of though (except for the times when I'm
not) however on this one here are my thoughts:

1) Go to Calumet or some other supplier and buy a Finney pinhole body cap
with a laser cut hole.  It will cost you about 10 minutes and $30 or  so.

2) When you decide you want to use it with your e-1, just slap it on the
front of your four thirds adapter and get sfter it.

3) When you decide you want MF negatives, get either a Zero Image pinhole
camera or go to ebay and buy one of the Agfa Clacks that are being converted by

the pin hole shop in Germany.

4) When the bug has really bit you on the butt and you want 4X5 negatives,
again Zero Image has the ticket.  For about $225 you can have their very
nicely built 4X5 with a variety of pinholes and zone plates.

You will like the images.  Bill Barber