[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:54:45 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck wrote:
> Of the several wedding/event photographers I know who have
> moved from film to digital I don't believe either of them
> still does proofs.

I make enough money in reprints from the proof book from those
whom it gets passed around to that I can easily justify the
continuance of it.  I might save money from not providing
dead-tree format, but I lose in the end.  If I can average
$200-300 in ADDITIONAL reprints from family members because of
the proof book, it's a good investment for me.

Provided the pictures don't get heisted out of the proof book
instead of having them order more.  With the proof books I'm
generating now, the pictures are small enough and printed
multiple to a page, that this is less likely to occur.

Dead-tree is here to stay through at least the rest of this
season.  Who knows what trends 2006 will bring.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com